Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dead Dog X

The date and time is now set for the Dead Dog X cross country mountain biking race in Trussville. October 24th at 8:00 AM!
Okay so I'm nervous, but excited as well. This is be my first mountain biking race EVER. I am nervous because I have yet to run the whole course straight with no "breathing breaks", but to counteract that fact, these next few weeks I will be in training mode. I am excited because no matter what, I know I will have a good time. After reviewing the results of last year, and after stalking... I mean visiting the BUMP website (the host), I have come to the conclusion that the overall atmosphere of the mountain biking community is very chill. Chill as in an older, not judgmental crowd. Last year most of the racers where middle aged men, leaving only only four women, two of them over 30, who were apart of the race. That number seems a little too small :( . All the times, including the mens, were ranging from the one hour mark all the way to the two hour mark. Actually the lowest time last year, 35 minutes, belonged to a Hewitt-Trussville High School sophomore. He was in the men's beginner category (14 and under).

My Goal: Complete the race in under one hour!

PS. Sorry about the nonlinear flow of my blog and misuse of commons. Writing is definitely not one of my strengths.

2 comments:

  1. theyre called commas lena lol
    and this is AWESOME!!! let me know howyoudo! thats crazy and i know youll make your goal. what a cool thing to participate in. proud of you!!! ill be cheering from florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, I hope you reach your goal. That race sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe when I improve my bike riding I can do one with you! haha love you!

    ReplyDelete